Welcome to Mr. Tides!
A little humor about the importance of checking the tides: http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2013/01/27#mutable_880802
Mr. Tides is designed for the Macintosh. It does not work on iOS, nor can you download it using an iPad or iPhone.
For the iPhone, please look at AyeTides. For the iPad, we have AyeTides XL.
Mr. Tides has been updated to version 4.12. We’ve fixed a number of issues, including:
- Fixed the calendar view when the start of the week was not Sunday
- Fixed problems with some currents stations that showed jumps in the graph.
- Set the app to use a secure site when downloading updated databases.
- Fixed the text view to again show slack times, as well as indicating floods and ebbs, for currents stations.
- Fixed a problem with missing library files
- Improved the vector map display
- Fixed the marker line, so it finds the correct times again
- We've restored the option to fill or not fill the graph curves
- Fixed problems with full-screen zooming
- Fixed problems with incorrect encoding of offsets for some European stations
- Fixed problems with some current stations that had irregularities in the graph
- Added several new time zones
- Updated the station database
Click here to download Mr. Tides! (Mac only)
If you have problems downloading Mr. Tides, please try a different browser. We’ve had reports of issues when downloading the app, but we’ve not been able to pinpoint the problem. Using a different browser may help. If you do encounter a problem with the download, please contact us so we can try to resolve the issue. Thanks!
The main day view can show a great deal of information, in one easy view. You can see the day’s tides (or currents, if you select a current station), set a marker line to know when the tide hits a certain value, slide the target along the graph to show the value at any time, select to show up to 4 days at a time, and more.
The calendar views shows the entire month at a glance. Clicking on a day will open that day. Moon phases are shown as well.
One of the significant updates has been to station selection. The old pixelated satellite images have been replaced with a dynamic vector-based map. Zooming in and out is supported, as is region selection and dragging. Clicking on the station (T for tide, C for current) opens that station.
There is much more to Mr. Tides as well. We encourage you to explore the various views and see what each offers!
Mr. Tides is shareware and is not restricted in any way. Click here to download the new version! (Mac only)